Impotency is a blood vessel issue, and diet has a lot to do with your blood vessels. Eating a healthy, well balanced diet is vital to blood flow and can improve erectile dysfunction. Below are a few tips and suggestions for maintaining a diet that can help with impotency.
The Best Diet For Impotency
Foods to Increase
- Fresh Fruit – Not only are fruits healthy and free of any added junk, fruits are also known to increase libido. The best fruits to eat (and drink) in order to increase libido and sex drive include:
- Pomegranate - pomegranate helps the body to produce (NO) or nitric oxide, which helps to open up blood vessels and increase blood flow, and consequently the libido.
- Figs – figs contain high levels of amino acids. Amino acids play a vital role in normal sexual function and will help increase levels of nitric oxide in the body.
- Avocados - Avocados contains high levels of folic acid to help metabolize proteins giving you an energy boost. Avocados also contain vitamin B6 which help fight stress and give you the energy to keep going and also help with the production of testosterone.
- Bananas - boost your libido with the bromelain enzyme it contains. It has one of the highest levels of potassium to help regulate energy levels as well as B vitamins.
- Dates - amino acids for sexual stamina as well as a good dose of fruity sugars which make them sweet and an amazing pickup.
- Nuts – All types of nuts are good for erectile dysfunction, but here are a few in particular:
- Pistachio nuts – pistachios are a very good source of the nonessential amino acid arginine, which seems to maintain flexible arteries and improve blood flow by enhancing the ability of nitric oxide to relax blood vessels.
- Grains and vegetables
- Special rejuvenative foods – whey, sour milk- particularly goat’s mailk, millet , garlic , honey, cold-pressed vegetable oils, and brewer’s yeast
- Caffeine – Coffee, tea, soda, restricts blood vessels
- Fried Food
- Animal Fats
- Avoid processed, canned, denatured, and refined foods (e.g. white sugar and white flour). This includes foods that are made with these ingredients as well.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol intake
- Lower intake of animal products. A vegetarian diet has been shown to improve impotence.